Surfing in itself is a great workout, and it's easy to see why an hour or two out on the water really knocks it out of you! To help you catch your next wave fitter and stronger than ever, we've compiled our Top 5 Fitness Tips for surfing this summer!
1. To build strength, cardio and paddle power, go for ocean swims.
2. Add burpees into your summer workouts to get your pop up, erm, poppin’.
3. Channel your inner yogi for balance, coordination and focus. #yourbodyisatemple
4. Endurance is insurance. Going for runs will help you to build your cardiovascular system, helping you surf those waves longer.
5. Never skip leg day! Squats will keep your knees bent and you butt low, which is necessary for riding waves. This will also stop you from using your back, which will cause pain and imbalance.